06 Mar SkillUP Expands To 10 County Service Area
In November 2018, Ozarks Area Community Action Corporation (OACAC) received funding through the SkillUP grant to serve clients in Christian and Greene counties in Missouri. SkillUP is a program which works with people who desire additional training or support to become employed or improve their current employment.
Recipients of the SkillUP program can receive assistance with career guidance, job search and retention, vocational education, and more. Beginning in March 2019, OACAC has expanded the service territory to include the counties of Barry, Dade, Dallas, Lawrence, Polk, Stone, Taney, and Webster, in addition to continuing to serve Christian and Greene. Recipients of the OACAC SkillUP program must meet the following criteria:
- Be interested in pursuing employment with the trajectory to earn $12/hour
- Be age 16-24 with or without children
- Be age 25+ with children (partial custody is allowable)
- Receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), also known as Food Stamps
- Not receive Temporary Ain for Needy Families (TANF) cash assistance
Interested applicants may call (417) 447-0554 to schedule an appointment and must be able to travel to an OACAC office in Christian or Greene County to receive services.