18 Oct 2nd Annual Springfield Adventure Race
When: October 7, 2017
Grab your friends and register your team to be a contender in the 2nd Annual Springfield Adventure Race! Inspired by the tv show, The Amazing Race, this event sends teams of 2-4 by vehicle to stops around the city, competing in fun, wacky and brain bending challenges. You could walk away with the $200 grand prize.
Check-in begins at 2:30 and the race starts at 3:00. Teams will set-off to each of the six challenge stops around the city, finishing up at Classic Rock Coffee for awards and the after party, featuring live music from Innuendo along with food, fun and games.
Tickets are $20 per person for teams of 2-4 people. Pre-registration is required by October 4 by visiting Eventbrite here. Like and follow us on facebook here.
Thanks to our sponsors: Randy Alberhasky, IBEW Local 53, Classic Rock Coffee, MJ’s Market & Deli, Barnes & Noble, American National, Westlake Ace Hardware, Stewart Head Start, STD Flea Market, and Innuendo.
1. Is this race on foot? No, teams will need to have one vehicle to get around in.
2. How many can be on a team? Teams can include 2-4 players
3. Is there an age limit? This is an event for all ages; however, all teams need to have a legal driver.
4. What is the time of the event? Registration begins at 2:30, the race starts at 3:00. Once all teams have crossed the finish line, the awards ceremony will be held. Following the event, teams and volunteers are invited to stay for food, fun and live music from the band, Innuendo. The after party will conclude at 7pm.
5. What do teams need to have? Each team needs a one driver and one digital camera.
6. Who/what does this event benefit? Proceeds from the Springfield Adventure Race benefit OACAC’s 10-county service area. 100% of funds raised will be used to help people with critical needs alleviating the causes and conditions of poverty.
“What a great event!…We had so much fun!!! –Charlotte McCoy, Team Gig Salad, 2016